I Was Featured On...



Friday, June 28, 2013

Frenchy Cutie Burlap Beauty!

Have you ever finished a project and found yourself totally loving how it turned out?  So much so that you REALLY want to keep it...
EVEN if it means changing 
EVERYTHING else in the room?  

Well, take a peek at the pic below.  Here she was, living an extraordinarily plain life, with those wonderfully curvy curves and carved accents hidden in a sea of one dimensional brown.

Before


So, I gave her a makeover.

 Padding the interior with 1" batting before the burlap "top coat" really softened the overall appearance, and  I thought that using coordinating burlap double welt (cord) gave a polished finish to all those curves. 

A coat of French Linen, a light distressing.  And all of those glorious nooks and crannies came to life! A new bed was born...and I was smitten.


 

Now to all of my friends out there who've ever fallen in love with a transformed piece...I think that you'd be proud of me 'cause I fought to keep this one.
I gave hubby my all-time best "I really want to keep this one" speech. 
He, in turn, gave his infamous "PITS" (Purchased Intentionally To Sell) rebuttal.
In our house, the "PITS" rational most times wins.
(Promise to tell you more about my PITS in a later post...)
 
I grabbed a sales tag, said my good-byes, and took my beloved bed to my space at Treasure Hunt Antique Mall...that's chock-a-block full with well...burlap stuff.


And some other stuff that looks really great with burlap stuff. 
It's my addiction.

See? 


 Told ya.
I don't go around using the word "addiction" all willy-nilly now, do I?  



 

.  Think she's a BB (Burlap Beauty)? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Headed over to Miss Mustard Seed's 
Furniture Feature Friday
Make it a GREAT weekend guys

xoxo
Arlene
















1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Arlene. The burlap was such a wonderful idea...love the bed!
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write...it's such a joy to hear from you!